Saturday, December 4, 2010

baby moves

So the books and websites say that you should start feeling your baby move sometime between 16 and 20 weeks and describe it as fluttering or similar and that it can be somewhat hard to distinguish from hunger pangs or gas.

I’m at 19 weeks right now and I’d say that the flutters started about 1-2 weeks ago.  I described it to my mom and Will as feeling like I had a cell phone on vibrate going off deep inside my belly.  weird.

This week I started feeling what I would call real movement.  It started Wednesday night lying in bed.  I know what hunger and gas feel like – this wasn’t either of those things.  Just small little bumps and nudges.  again weird.

But now that I’ve noticed, I’m feeling it all time!  It’s like I’ve got an alien moving around in there.  It’s just amazing and weird to realize that there is someone independently moving around inside me.  I’m not making it happen – the baby’s just moving around on its own.  CRAZY.

So now I wonder what the baby is doing in there….

Is it uncomfortable and shifting positions? 

Is it testing its limbs? 

Is it just playing around?

Amazing.  Crazy.  Very very weird.

P.S. This is why I probably had the thought that the baby is moving around because its uncomfortable:
 baby center 19 weeks
Baby Center – 19 weeks.

P.P.S.  Will is super sad that baby’s still too small for him to see or feel anything :(

3 comments:

  1. Hah. Just give it 2 more weeks or so Will. And then you have to be patient while your hand is on the belly! And Marcy, by week 32 you'll be like, ok BABY, it's BEDTIME. GO TO SLEEP! the baby does not respect sleeping and especially wants to play then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you can feel your little one! I remember thinking how unbelievably weird it was too!!! SO fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My "baby" is almost 31 years old and I still remember the first time I felt a little flutter and realized it the baby. There's nothing like it. And it was just as wonderful when it happened for the second and third baby. To think there is a person growing inside of you!Really, really unbelievable. Margaret

    ReplyDelete