Thursday, January 21, 2010

gw service challenge update

On Tuesday, I went to GW's volunteermatch website to record the few hours of shelf-reading we'd done on Sunday (wherein I unintentionally redid the shelves I've done before but that's another story) only to find that the website was down. I wasn't sure at first that it was the website so I did a little searching around. I confirmed that the website was down but also found the main website for the challenge which I hadn't seen before.

The website happened to answer a question that I'd had: are they in any way indicating how the students are doing in reaching the goal?

Answer: yes, they are with this handy little clock looking thing below.

I'm not sure how up-to-date the data is as shown on the clock but it at least indicates that in 4 months with 4 months to go, the students are very nearly half-way there. I'm impressed.

I hope my measly 12 hours is helping!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know about this- thanks for sharing. Looks like they are almost to 60K now.

    ReplyDelete