Thursday, July 21, 2011

the davenport trail – day 10 aka the last day!

Ok, so I’ll admit that we finished our drive over a week ago now.  Things have been a little busy.  But I’m feeling a little less than motivated to unpack boxes as I’ve been on the phone half the day (doctor’s appointments, trying to get plane tickets – actually need to make that call again, phone company since our phone line has clearly been crossed with someone else, and the car insurance people) so I’ll finish up our trek.

We had stopped in Colby, KS which is pretty far west in Kansas so we really didn’t have too terribly much farther to go before we hit Parker so we really took it easy.

DSC_6378 
DSC_6383 
Will thought taking pictures of her in “jail” was funny.
DSC_6387
I’m not sure what she thought of it…

Our first stop was in Goodland, KS to visit the world’s largest easel.
DSC_6411 
DSC_6390
Of course there was a cache…
DSC_6396
I decided to document the 10 days in on my shellac manicure while waiting for Will to make the long walk out to the easel for some size perspective.  Pretty good though you can tell how fast my nails grow. 
DSC_6398
Will and P for some perspective. 
DSC_6401
He was doing this the whole time – trying to log that cache. 
DSC_6407
I wanted my picture with it too but the perspective shots Will took came out better.

Next up Colorado!
DSC_6415 
Welcome to your new home P!
DSC_6420 
If you can find the upside down bird in that tree, you found the cache.  We annoyed a lot of folks who wanted their picture with the sign by looking for it.  Will was glad I spotted it.    

We eventually got off the interstate to take CO-83 which becomes Parker Road which goes through – you guessed it – Parker!  It was a scenic drive with Will snapping pics from the backseat.
DSC_6432 
Proof that I did drive some of the time!
DSC_6428
Babe’s not so sure about me driving.
DSC_6443
horses!
DSC_6446
Rolling hills. 
DSC_6449
Roadwork in the middle of nowhere. 
DSC_6451
DSC_6453
DSC_6457
Snuffles watching from the back. 
DSC_6465
DSC_6469
DSC_6473
The Parker Hampton Inn is, well, weird.  It’s a triangle for one which made the hallways confusing and then it’s all earth toned and fancy on the outside like no other Hampton Inn I’ve ever seen. 
DSC_6475
We were greeted with quite the storm – but at least they look cool. 
DSC_6482
We were in the car waiting for friends to arrive for dinner. 
DSC_6484
DSC_6485
She’s almost got that thumb.  Though this was about as calm as she ever was in that hotel – she DID NOT like it one bit.  We decided that she didn’t like that it echoed.

No comments:

Post a Comment