Tuesday, January 24, 2012

nursery – stage 1

Stage 1 = popcorn ceiling removal.  Or let’s make a blank slate even blanker.

Have I mentioned the vendetta I have going against the popcorn ceilings in this house?  I believe that I have.

We started prepping the room for popcorn destruction in late October.

DSC_8226
Will got me started by taping my edges.
DSC_8230 
But I stepped in to hang the plastic sheeting.
DSC_8228
The baby got to hang out with a bunch of pillows to flop back on – we were still working on sitting up at the time.

I’ve explained the whole popcorn removal process before so I won’t get into it.  Actually, I can’t because I have no pictures in progress.  I had 4 days in which to complete the project between when one friend left and the next showed up.

And finish I did.  Oh – I should note that this, my 3rd attempt at ceiling scraping, is currently my best result.  It looks almost completely smooth even painted with flat white ceiling paint.

Then we primed everything – walls, trim, ceiling.  Giving us an even blanker than blank blank slate.

DSC_8419 

Next up – Paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment