Thursday, August 12, 2010

commas

I have a love/hate relationship with commas.

I was never the best at grammar in school.  I swear, I must have switched schools just enough that every English teacher I had thought that we'd already been taught the rules in a previous class.

As a result, sometimes I'm overzealous in my comma usage.

Sometimes I go back and realize that I haven't used a single one where plenty were warranted.

Then, of course, there is the old adage about "rules are meant to be broken."  In which case, it doesn't really matter where you put the commas because you don't have to follow the rules.

My issues with commas are more apparent to me now that I have this blog and can go back and reread everything I've written.

These are my random thoughts for the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment