Wednesday, August 4, 2010

reasons why…

… my husband may never allow me to go to New Jersey to hang out with my mom by myself ever again.

1. a mirror – ok, he knew about that one.

2. a rug

3. new throw pillows

IMG_1757

With the view towards hopefully putting our condo up for sale in the next several months (hinging on a whole bunch of other things), I’ve been thinking about what we need to do to it to “stage” it.  I don’t want to have it be a huge deal and have a whole lot of stuff to do when the time does come. 

I took on the living room.

Before:

IMG_1756

After:

I added a brown striped rug in an effort to “anchor the room” as I’ve been reading about on Young House Love – there’s also the fact that according to the condo association’s rules, we’re supposed to have 80% of the wood floors covered.  We live above the basement so I never bothered.

I also replaced the boring, yet oh so soft, plush green pillows.  We’ll still use them until we actually put the place up for sale but (a) they’re boring and (b) one of them has a recurring split in the seam.

IMG_1758

Ok, it’s still a little messy because, well, I’m lazy and I didn’t finish putting everything away before I took the picture.  There might be a few other things that we’ll do before we actually try and sell it but the rug was a big step.  

The mirror is for the bedroom and isn’t yet on the wall.

So what do you think, Mom?

3 comments:

  1. vast improvement. yes you should have finished putting things away but then you're not going to leave it like this until you go to sell. when you finish the rest of what we talked about it will be great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Special thanks to Liz for being the muscle behind the changes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Staging! I hear that on HGTV all the time and then look at my house and go, GAH! my house is so cluttered and unstaged and my walls are odd colors and I know no one would buy it or they would make me take tons of thousands off.

    sigh.

    Staging, yeah

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete