Thursday, September 2, 2010

fall 2010 tv preview

So we have a bit of a problem brewing.

See… the thing is we like our TV shows and we ♥ our DVR real hard and…

we’re going to be on vacation for the prime fall premiere weeks which wouldn’t be a problem…

except

we got a new HD DVR box back in June.

It doesn’t know what we usually watch yet and we can’t set it more than a week in advance. Stupid Cox.

So here’s our predicament:

  • ANTM, CW, 8pm, 9/8 – it’s currently in reruns and premieres before we leave
  • Gossip Girl, CW, 9pm, 9/13 – it’s in reruns and we’ll still be in town
  • Parenthood,* NBC, 10pm, 9/14 – we can set it before we leave
  • HIMYM,* CBS, 8pm, 9/20 – reruns
  • Mike & Molly, CBS, 9:30pm, 9/20 – new show but it’s within the week window so we can set it before we leave. I ♥ Melissa McCarthy.
  • Glee,* Fox, 8pm, 9/21 – would have been just beyond what we could set ourselves but it’s in reruns
  • Modern Family,* ABC, 9pm, 9/22 – reruns
  • Bones,* Fox, 8pm, 9/23 – reruns
  • The Big Bang Theory,* CBS, 8pm, 9/23 – reruns
  • 30 Rock,* NBC, 8:30pm, 9/23 – reruns
  • Grey’s Anatomy, ABC, 9pm, 9/23 – here’s where we start to run into problems
  • The Office,† NBC, 9pm, 9/23 – um, I think it’s in reruns. I’ll have to check for Will.
  • Private Practice, ABC, 10pm, 9/23 – no reruns. Damn you, ABC, for not running reruns
  • The Amazing Race,* CBS, 9pm, 9/26 – eek. AR is never on in reruns.
  • Desperate Housewives, ABC, 9pm, 9/26 – ABC, why the hate on reruns?

I’ve got a request out for some help but we’ll see. I’m also afraid that the ones that are set using current reruns won’t work and that nearly 3 weeks of TV is going to kill the hard drive space on our DVR and we’ll miss things anyway even after all of our careful planning.

* denotes what we watch together.
† the one show that I refuse to watch.
Everything else is mine and mine alone. I have awesome taste in TV.

And a thanks to a FB friend for the premiere schedule that I was so desperately looking for yesterday. Found here.

1 comment:

  1. I love Sookie from Gilmore Girls too!!!But I can NOT believe you do not watch The Office. One of my all time favs. S&B MOM Hein

    ReplyDelete