Wednesday, September 1, 2010

g&p – 12 months

I would like to begin by saying – holy cow, it’s been a year.

Second, August was ridiculously busy so no projects got worked on, no blog posts were written, and a lot of other things fell by the wayside.

fitness goals:

  • I want to run 2 days a week, swim 2 days a week and do something, be it softball, bike riding, yoga, more running and swimming etc, 2 of the remaining 3 days of the week. I’ve been pretty good at keeping up with the running though I’ve kind of stalled at about 3 miles 3-4 times a week.  We walked ~4.5 miles yesterday for something different.
  • I’m going to start with doing bicep and triceps curls while I do my single leg stands –  I’m just getting flabby.
  • I will continue to do my PT exercises. it’s hard to keep up with the exercises when it’s not really bothering me to run.
  • Food goals.  I need to be better about what I eat.
    • Do not visit the vending machine once a day. I’ve been doing better.
    • Lay off the ice cream. I haven’t had much ice cream lately, opting instead for granola, plain yogurt and fruit.
    • Eat more fruit.  This is a new one and I’ve been getting about 2-3 portions (I won’t say servings since I have no concept of what a serving should be) of fruit most days of the week in the last 2-3 weeks.  A banana before work, fruit with lunch or as an afternoon snack and then an apple as I leave work.

projects: (in no particular order)

  1. change thermostat to programmable.
  2. refinish kitchen table – This is going to be labor intensive so I remain lazy.
  3. recaulk tub – I’m thinking that if we can swing it, the morning before we leave for vacation might be a good day.
  4. sell extraneous stuff on eBay – I still haven’t started.  I’m losing my window for some things to sell well.
  5. organize the basement, in particular label all the bins and boxes – no further progress.  No Time!
  6. honeymoon scrapbook
  7. clean Snuffles
  8. Christmas stockings - Sara, Autumn, Austin and Will – I’m planning to pull Sara’s out for the drive to NJ and to go to Ireland.  I was kicking myself for not taking it on our trip to Ohio a few weeks ago – that was dumb.
  9. sort through stuff at parents' homes – We’re going to spend some time down in the basement in NJ this coming weekend hopefully.
  10. get the bathroom fixed - ceiling, drains, and tub faucet – I have had several discussions with the landlord and his handyman about the repairs.  Ralph, the handyman, is supposed to come take a look at things next Wednesday.
  11. organize recipes – I suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment