Friday, February 10, 2012

a quick question

This question is mostly directed at my mom since she is my long distance (hopefully soon-to-be local) decorator.   Hi Mom!

It’s about our living room.

Here’s our living room:
DSC_8341
Over that rattan chair to the right of the picture (with a table and another rattan chair next to it out of the frame) is a big blank wall – I’m not sure why I don’t have a picture of it.  The picture you see on the wall is a framed picture of an actual London Underground map.  It’s the only picture on the walls at the moment.

We tried to make this work:

But it’s WAY too big…. like cover the whole wall plus 2 out of the 3 light switches.  Oops.  So it’s upstairs.  Will likes to wander into the front bedroom and study it.

Then I was thinking of doing this:

 

It’s maps of where you met (Maryland), where you got married (NJ), and where you honeymooned (NZ) but the more I thought about it, I don’t think it would take up enough wall space.  I still love the idea though.

So here’s my new idea. 
DSC_9741DSC_9744 
Now, these are just temporary for now (held up with binder clips and pushpins) since I would definitely get them framed properly if this is what we decide to do.  It’s DC Metro map and a NYC Subway map – also authentic like the London one.

What do you think?  Yay or nay?  Will it be too much if I get them both framed like the other one?

No comments:

Post a Comment