Tuesday, September 8, 2009

goals and projects

Back when the end of grad school was approaching but still seemed like a distant dream, I made 2 lists, one of fitness goals for myself and the other various projects that I wanted to tackle. Don't all of those women's magazines tell you to be public with such things to hold yourself accountable? well, here it goes.

Goals:
  • Lose 10-15 lbs.
  • Be able to lift 25-30 lbs dead weight with one arm at a time. T-Rex begone!
  • Be able to touch my toes. I've never been able to do this in my life.

I've already taken some baby steps towards these goals. I renewed my membership at the rec center so that I could get back to swimming but that was last week and I'm finally going to get there today. I also signed up for yoga at the rec center once a week on Mondays that starts next week.

Projects: (in no particular order)

  1. change thermostat to programmable in order to save more energy
  2. refinish kitchen table (if it goes well, it could get expanded to other furniture items)
  3. recaulk tub
  4. sell extraneous stuff on eBay
  5. organize the basement, in particular label all the bins and boxes
  6. wedding album - professional and snapfish
  7. clean refrigerator
  8. clean wood floors
  9. figure out our bedroom furniture
  10. honeymoon pictures and scrapbook
  11. clean snuffles
  12. get my knees checked out
  13. Christmas stockings - Leia, Sara, Autumn, Austin and Will. whew, that's a lot of stitching.
  14. sort through stuff at parents' homes
  15. burn CD for Liz of geological pictures from NZ
  16. get the bathroom fixed - ceiling, drains, and tub faucet

Clearly, I have some lofty ideas of what kind of time I'll have on my hands. We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment