Tuesday, May 25, 2010

new music that we got to see and now love

We definitely came away from Coachella with a few new bands that we really enjoy and I thought it might be nice to share.

One of my absolute new favs is The Avett Brothers.  They were actually the first band we caught at Coachella.
this is one of my favorite songs (and the name of their album) but my real favorite is “January Wedding” but they don’t have a video for it.

Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros - which you may remember me talking about in Day 3 - are totally chill and awesome.

We heard a small snippet of this from The Big Pink on Day 3 and it’s just such a fun, catchy song.

Another band that we only saw a small bit of but on the first day was Yeasayer with another super catchy song “Ambling Alp.”

So Phoenix was a band that was recommended by, um, Ruben, I think, that we got fairly familiar with before we got to Coachella so we were super excited to see them on the last day.  My Favorite is “Lisztomania” which you can’t embed.

But you might be familiar with Phoenix without knowing it because of this Cadillac commercial:

The actual song is Phoenix’s “1901:”

No comments:

Post a Comment