Monday, May 31, 2010

happy memorial day.

us flag

In honor of all the fallen soldiers… we thank you for your valiant service and sacrifice for our country.

IMG_5902IMG_0050
Near Pete Ober – Will’s cousin who I was never able to have the pleasure of meeting.
IMG_0003 I could do better with my shots of Rolling Thunder but this is from several years ago from the car as we left Arlington Cemetery.  I know that a lot of Arlingtonians get annoyed but it is an amazing gesture of support.  We were heartened to see all the bikes headed toward DC on Friday as we were on our way out of DC.

And from my new blog love, The Pioneer Woman, a few links to a photo community assignment that she’s been working on in the last week.

Coming Home: Part 1
Coming Home: Part 2
Coming Home: Part 3
Coming Home: Part 4
Coming Home: Part 5

…I dare you not to tear up.

Enjoy your barbeques and beers and whatever else floats your boat (maybe even an actual floating boat), we’re headed to a first birthday party and probably to the pool. 

Commencement and our trip to Fallingwater posts coming soon.

edited to add: a bit of Memorial Day history from PW found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment