Sunday, August 16, 2009

European Tour 2009

We are all packed up and ready to begin our adventures in the Balkans. Our ride will be here in about 15 minutes to take us to the airport, the antibiotics are kicking in,* and we managed to pack everything into the smallest 2 suitcases.

Here's the plan:
  • Montenegro to visit Tim and Lexi (and Liz and her dad, Joe G are already there) with a potential side trip to Croatia until Saturday the 22nd
  • Saturday we head to Vienna and say goodbye to the company of Liz and Joe G
  • the 24th we head for Salzburg - yes, we're totally doing the Sound of Music tour
  • the 26th we move on to our final destination, Munich where will make a trip out to Neuschwanstein aka the Disney castle
  • on the 28th, we head home. We're going to try to get a later flight out of Heathrow so that we can get out of the airport and see a bit of London. Probably won't work so I'm not getting my hopes up.
It's going to be a celebration of the fact that I don't have to be in school anymore and our vacation for the year. We'll try to blog but we'll see what happens.

*I have what was diagnosed as folliculitis on my knee (basically an infected hair follicle) and it was bad enough to warrant oral antibiotics. Since it's right on my knee, I think it hurts more than it might have had it been elsewhere on my skin. It does appear to be getting better so here's to modern medicine!

No comments:

Post a Comment