Thursday, June 10, 2010

1 mile +/- a little bit

In honor of the fact that I wore myself out this afternoon swimming just over or just under a mile depending on how you look at it – I did 1500m of laps with 100m warm-up and 100m cool-down so I’m either 100m over or 100m short - a brief insight into what I think about while I swim….

wave line separator 2 copy
hmmmm… I get my own lane today.  Nice.  I hope it stays that way.

oh – I haven’t seen the whale and her mother lately.  thank god.

oops.  water in my goggles.

there’s the old guy who splashes a lot.  I’m glad I don’t have to share with him today.

what are the lifeguards doing when they stand up like that?

what does “every 5 min” mean?

what does “10/20” mean?

ohh – they got a new light up board thing-y. 

where’s the swim team?

oh please don’t try to share with me.  I’m enjoying my lane to myself.

what would make good baby names? (no, I’m not pregnant but this line of thought went on for quite a while several weeks ago and I did come up with a few possibilities but I don’t want to share)

ok, if I do 4 sets that’s 1200m.  I’ve already done one so 3 more to go.  If I do 5 that’s 1500m.  A mile is 1600m.  Maybe I should try that some day.

the weird new light thing-y is off.  odd.

man, my goggles are digging in.  they’re going to leave marks.  I should use more eye cream.

there’s a bird in the building.

was the first 50m or the second 50m? crap.

I should blog about the random thoughts I have while I swim.  I need to finish that commencement blog post.  What other blog posts do I need to finish?  Should I change my format?

please don’t let the bird poop on me.  especially not while I backstroke with my mouth open.

why does it feel so weird to breathe on the left side?

there’s the swim team.  they’re so young and so good and they swim forever.  I wish I could swim like that.

there’s going to be so much water in my right ear.

I’m hungry.  What should I make for dinner?  Is there any food?

I just did 100 breaststroke so now backstroke and then another set or two more sets?

crap.  now I have to pee.

why don’t I solve the world’s problems or even my own while I swim like that girl in that book?

why do I think about such random stuff?

I really need to finish that project for ---- when I get home.  (blanked to protect my recipient who is unaware of said project and, actually, is probably unaware of my blog too.)

was that thunder?  The pool’s inside.  Do I have to get out of the pool if there’s thunder if it’s inside? What are the lifeguards doing? (this was last week when there was a huge storm while I was swimming my laps.  Answer: nope, we don’t have to get out of the pool.)

I need to pack when I get home.

I’m tired.

wave line separator 2 copy

for an idea of how tired I was after swimming all those laps and thinking all those random thoughts, I will mention that I walked all the way into the locker room with the kick board still in my hand and had to walk back out (with all the annoyingly skinny teens watching) to put it back and I totally forgot to shower before I left.

I also felt like a “real” swimmer this week because I bought a “grab bag” swimsuit online.  It’s where you just buy a style and size and they just send you a suit.  No clue what it looks like.

3 comments:

  1. This was VERY< VERY< funny. Loved that you took board into locker with you. Also, how come you don't have to get out of pool when thee is a storm? We do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That seriously cracked me up!!!!! I love thinking of baby names. We do not even know if we want another baby and I am constantly thinking about names. I wonder if when I am 70 if I will still be dreaming up baby names?

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad I'm not the only one with such a random stream of consciousness

    ReplyDelete