Monday, November 8, 2010

so few words…

It’s amazing how a few simple words can change the entire course of your life.

You’ve been accepted.

Whether it’s a private grade school, a private or magnet high school, a college or university, a special summer program, or any number of other possibilities; acceptance is a great thing that shapes the future, sets you on one of several paths. Its opposite: “You have not been accepted” has similar effects.

22 - M28

Yes.

Yes, I will accept the job.

Yes, I’ll take the apartment.

Yes, I’ll go on a date with you.

And the ultimate “yes”: Yes, I will marry you.

IMG_2396

I do.

The ultimate promise joining forever your future with that of another and giving freely of one’s self to that person.

MJW_8427

Pregnant.

A solitary word on a digital home pregnancy test and life as you know it is changed forever.

DSC_1015

Such power in such small simple words.

Written 19 August 2010.

4 comments:

  1. MARCY!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO excited for you guys!! When is your due date? I hope that you are feeling great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! That is so exciting!!! :)

    ReplyDelete