Tuesday, February 1, 2011

a few more things on our plate…

Well, a few weeks ago Will was officially informed that he was selected for the position in Denver.

Yep. We’re moving to Denver.

 

As if we didn’t have enough to worry about, right?

Of course, Will had been telling them that we’d like to go in February so that was what they were expecting to hear after giving him the selection notice.

Weeelllll…. See…We’d been holding back the information that we wouldn’t be able to leave the DC area until after the baby is born (the doctors want me to deliver a little early so our window of time got narrowed as much as I would have liked to be out there settling in without a newborn) because we were afraid that it would delay the decision even more than it already had been. So now we’re looking at a start date for Will of mid-July.

We’re excited – I mean, it is almost exactly what we were hoping for.

But, holy crap, we have so many more things to worry about now!

I made a list last week – it’s 4 pages long. It was nice to get all the questions and thoughts that were buzzing around my head, out of my head. I finally felt like I could breathe again. But I’ll spare everyone, except Will of course, my list. Suffice to say there are a lot of details to be worked out in life right now.

I keep laying out tentative plans on the calendar so that we can make mental deadlines and prioritize the topics that need to be addressed.

But then I think of that Woody Allen quote –

If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans.

Or another favorite of mine –

The best laid plans of mice and men…

I can’t help but wonder what is going to happen that is going to throw a wrench in even the barest of plans that we have made. 

Yes, I’m bordering on fatalistic on the topic of whether this will all go smoothly and according to any sort of plan.  It’s how I roll.

Photo credits from around the web.  Thanks to Google image search.  They are linked to their original websites.

2 comments:

  1. The old statement "go with the flow" always seemed to work for me. Control what you can and let the rest go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow congrats! I feel like never goes to plan and likes to mix things up every now and then :P Good luck!

    ReplyDelete