Monday, October 26, 2009

6 things...

Disclaimer: this in no way indicates that we are currently trying to have a kid but they are in our future.

So I was trolling around on the interweb last Friday and stumbled across this Glamour.com article/blog post that I thought was interesting (and plays to my love of lists), 6 Things to Do Before Having Kids. Let's see how we're doing.

1. Travel as much as you want and can afford. Well, we've been married for just over a year (and together for almost 4.5) and we've already been to 4 countries (and we hope to add at least one more next year) and 19 states (soon to be 20) together so I think we're covered on this one.

2. Go out to dinner to your heart's content. We go out to dinner all the time but we might try to be more conscious of going to new places instead of same ol', same ol'.

3. Enjoy, and appreciate, sleep. You don't have to tell either of us twice to sleep!

4. Work your butt off--hopefully in a career you love. This is the one that I just can't say that I'm doing - mostly because I've never really be interested in a career persay. I'll figure out what I want to be when I grow up one of these days.

5. Be a little selfish (get massages, splurge on the shoes, do stuff for YOU). No problem. My recent trip to NJ is evidence of this.

6. Get in the best shape of your life, if possible. I'm trying!!

So I'm thinking - so far, so good!

1 comment:

  1. This list is a good one! I so agree with them all! I should add to it, go to all the movies you can and find a good dry shampoo, sometimes having time to wash your hair is harder than you think:) You will make such a good Mommy:)

    ReplyDelete