Tuesday, October 27, 2009

sighting at the DOT

I walk past the "new" Department of Transportation twice a workday so even though I haven't stopped to look at every odd "History of Transportation" thing that they put out on the sidewalk and sides of the building, I've taken note of all the big bits and pieces they have on the sidewalk.

A few months ago I headed into work and noticed that perhaps something was wrong with one of them. Take a look -




Clearly, this is a bit of railroad track and a cart-thing (I knew I should have taken a close up of the sign) and it's supposed to sit on the tracks.

The question then is: how did it get off its tracks? My guess is punk kids.

The second question: why haven't they fixed it? It's been like this for so long that I actually remembered to bring my camera to work one day to take pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment