Thursday, October 1, 2009

g&p - 1 month

So it's been about a month so let's see if I've made any progress on my goals and projects.

goals:
  1. Lose 10-15 lbs. I've lost maybe about 3 or 4 lbs. I've been going to the pool at least twice a week and trying to get back to running (I've gone about 3 or 4 times). I'm still working on this whole healthy eating thing, in particular snacks and eating enough during the day that I'm not so famished by the end of my workouts that I feel a bit faint.
  2. Be able to lift 25-30 lbs dead weight with one arm at a time. I haven't done anything towards this one
  3. Be able to touch my toes. Yoga is proving interesting and harder than I expected so we'll see where I am in a few more months.

projects: (in no particular order)

  1. change thermostat to programmable in order to save more energy
  2. refinish kitchen table (if it goes well, it could get expanded to other furniture items)
  3. recaulk tub
  4. sell extraneous stuff on eBay and craigslist - I'm actually buying things instead of selling - BAD.
  5. organize the basement, in particular label all the bins and boxes
  6. wedding album - professional and snapfish - Prof: I e-mailed my photographer for information and am waiting to hear back about the cost. Snapfish: I picked the book.
  7. clean wood floors
  8. figure out our bedroom furniture
  9. honeymoon pictures and scrapbook - We have all the pictures from both our honeymoon and our recent vacation in albums.
  10. clean snuffles
  11. get my knees checked out
  12. Christmas stockings - Leia, Sara, Autumn, Austin and Will. whew, that's a lot of stitching.
  13. sort through stuff at parents' homes - Will did one box at his parents'
  14. burn CD for Liz of geological pictures from NZ - I just have to give it to her now.
  15. get the bathroom fixed - ceiling, drains, and tub faucet - We've got the names of plasterers to fix the ceiling.
  16. One thing we decided to do this month not on this list is refinance my conventional mortgage now that the second mortgage is paid off. As an added bonus, Will will actually own the condo with me.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you are making yourself accoutable! I need to do the same:)

    ReplyDelete