Wednesday, October 21, 2009

brunch with armstrongs!

We try to get together with the Armstrongs for a nice meal, try a new restaurant, catch up.... Everyone's busy so we don't get to do it as often as we would like but we try. So on Sunday we'd made plans to meet the Armstrongs at Art & Soul, a restaurant Will and I had decided we wanted to try after watching Top Chef: Masters because Chef Art Smith, the chef owner is hilarious. We cancelled and then were back on that same day and the Armstrongs just went along with it - thanks guys!

The restaurant is actually in The Liasion Hotel so that was kind of a knock against it for me but it had a nice feel to it. The menu made it hard to decide - lots of yummy sounding Southern choices. But in the end I think the food didn't really live up. Susan didn't like her fried seafood basket (I just tried to look it up only to find that the menu online is not the menu we were given) and the eggs in my benedict were more soft boiled than poached - I like a good benedict and the eggs should be runny. The boys seemed to do better with Chicken and Waffles for Will and Chicken Fried Steak for Tim - though I don't think Susan was impressed with the grits.

Ah but hanging out with Reagan who's getting so big made it all worth it.


1 comment: