Tuesday, April 13, 2010

coachella planning

They’ve finally released the event schedule for Coachella yesterday and with 5 stages to host all the bands, there was bound to be some overlap in bands that we’re interested in seeing.  Slightly peeve-making but inevitable.  At least we can now start considering our plan of attack.

Here is what I’m interested in - with a few that I know Will is interested in though there are probably a lot more because I wasn’t paying nearly as much attention to who was playing what while we were listening to the preview that Ravi put together for everyone:

~ Day 1 ~
coachella day 1 edited ~ Day 2 ~
coachella day 2 edited ~ Day 3 ~coachella day 3 edited
The ones that are circled are the ones I’m interested in.  The ones in the solid ovals, I’m reallly interested in.  I’m sure we’ll see even more than these.

I saw this link in my inbox today but I can’t help but feel like for most girls who are going to Coachella, they’re a little late.  I, for one, have already packed for the most part. 

My thoughts on their tips:

  1. Agreed. Dresses are key in warm weather but a belt, eh, and I’ve gone for longer hem lengths to be able to sit comfortably on the ground and not flash folks.
  2. Agreed. You can’t go to the desert (I spelled it right this time, Liz) without sunscreen.
  3. Really?  A cargo vest?  No.
  4. Agreed.  A hat is also a good idea.
  5. No.  Rips ≠ ventilation.
  6. Ok.  I will admit to considering buying a bandeau bra but I wouldn’t consider just wearing one.  You might as well just wear a bathing suit.
  7. Yeah, I agree that you probably want to get the hair out of the way but no need to get fancy.  It did make me think to have a few bobby pins and an extra pony tail holder.
  8. Agreed on a bag to have your hands free but recommending a fanny pack?  Really?

No comments:

Post a Comment