Monday, December 7, 2009

2 left feet...

D'oh! I totally forgot that I have a story from Black Friday.

Our last stop of the day was to go to DSW because I needed (and still need) a pair of black heels that I can keep on my feet with tights on.

Will was so excited because he found a pair of Converse in his odd size 10.5 in the clearance area so instead of finding what I needed, we got distracted trying to find me a pair of Converse too. We found a great pair - black with magenta insides. I don't really care about the pink on the inside; I just liked them better than the plain black because the stitching was black.

I would never wear them like that but that's them

In an effort to be quick, I was only trying on the left shoes because my left foot is the bigger one. We found one that fit, Will bought them and we left. All good, right?

Not so much.

When I went to put them on on Sunday after we got home to VA, I discovered that there were two left shoes in the box. Awesome. I may dance like it sometimes but I don't literally have 2 left feet. (and I'm dumb and didn't take a picture of them)

Well, my mom came to visit this weekend so we didn't get a chance to try and rectify the situation until yesterday. So that we wouldn't be driving around town vainly in search of the shoes, I called 3 different DSWs to no avail. No one had them.

So we just went to the DSW that would be easiest to get to and aligned with our other errands to return them. While Will waited to return them (it was his credit card in the first place so he had to do the honors), I double-checked to see if they had them. I didn't find any. We returned them but Will said we should check the clearance just in case. Then he made me show him where the Converse were on the floor, even though I'd already checked.

Lo and behold, what does he find?

One solitary pair of the shoes and they were even my size. The last pair in the store and they were my size. When does that happen?! Certainly not to me!

AMAZING.

P.S. I should totally be annoyed with my husband for finding something I couldn't but I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment