Wednesday, December 16, 2009

mom comes to visit

My mom came to visit for the weekend after Thanksgiving. Our goal was the Scottish Christmas Walk House Tour on Saturday so she came down on Friday afternoon. It was raining when the day began but it turned to big, wet snowflakes before we left - we were going to brave the weather no matter what!

Sadly I don't have any pictures of us wandering around Old Town in the snow because I knew we wouldn't be allowed to take pictures inside the houses but didn't think that I might want to take pictures as we walked around. Truly unfortunate because it was so pretty with all the snow coming down and I could have had a picture of Santa hiding under an umbrella.

The house tour was really nice - 6 houses in South Old Town decorated for Christmas by local florists. One of them used to be owned by James Carville and Mary Matlin - turns out that James Carville does all the family's cooking and had a few pieces custom made for the house that stayed with the house.

But the best part was that Mom walked to all of them and went up and down the stairs in all of them. AMAZING! All told I think she walked almost 2 miles before I went back to get the car and pick her up at the last house.

After church, I made us a really yummy dinner and then Sunday I made even yummier brunch before she headed back to NJ. Of course, that's what I have pictures of - the food.



dinner; brunch

No comments:

Post a Comment