Wednesday, December 16, 2009

morning rituals and rude people

I work on a navy base. Every morning at 8 there's a bugle call, they play the National Anthem, and then they play an all clear over the PA system outside while they raise the flag. They sent out many e-mails as to proper protocol when this occurs - everyone must stop including cars, stand at attention (hand on heart for civilians and attention for current and former military) and wait until the all clear sounds - as they were installing the system.

Normally, I come in after 8am in part to avoid it particularly when it's cold. It might be unpatriotic of me but I'd rather just get to work than stand in the heat/cold/rain/what have you.

This morning I couldn't avoid it because I came in early. But the weird thing was the one lone woman who proceeded down the sidewalk even though she was the only person in motion. You would have thought that at least the peer pressure of being the only person moving would have stopped her.

Apparently not.

No comments:

Post a Comment