Monday, February 1, 2010

g&p - 5 months

I've got a whole bunch of things to talk about here soon. I'm a bit lagging in blogging in general because I've been so absorbed in making year-by-year collages to lead up to my 30th birthday. Each one took like 2 hrs but I may blog about that too. But since it's the first of the month....

fitness goals:
  • Lose 10-15 lbs. I lost the 5lbs holiday weight but that's about it.
  • Be able to lift 25-30 lbs dead weight with one arm at a time. I will continue to suck for quite some time probably.
  • Be able to touch my toes. The new yoga class is a little less in intense but more focused on form at the same time. It's good.

projects: (in no particular order)

  1. change thermostat to programmable in order to save more energy
  2. refinish kitchen table - I can't even see the top of the table right now.
  3. recaulk tub - We've discussed the scheduling because we need a 3 day weekend that we don't have anything planned because with only one bathroom, we'll have to be dirty for at least a day and a half while we do the work and then let it cure for 24 hours.
  4. sell extraneous stuff on eBay - I still need to take "inventory" before I start selling on eBay.
  5. organize the basement, in particular label all the bins and boxes - maybe in February or if we get snowed in again.
  6. wedding albums - professional - Our photographer was away when I sent the check and he had a few final questions so it was officially ordered maybe 2 weeks ago. I can't wait to get it!
  7. clean wood floors
  8. figure out our bedroom furniture - Actually, we made great strides on this one but I'm going to write a post about it soon.
  9. honeymoon scrapbook
  10. clean Snuffles
  11. get my knees checked out - I had my physical last week. They (my primary care and her resident) think it's just the usual female slippage of the patella and gave me a prescription for PT. A recommendation/RX for preventative PT was exactly what I was looking for so I'm happy. Now I just have to call PT places and get started.
  12. Christmas stockings - Leia, Sara, Autumn, Austin and Will.
  13. sort through stuff at parents' homes - We bought some plastic tubs to sort into that we dropped off in NJ a few weeks ago. I'm headed to NJ tomorrow for a meeting on Wednesday so I might try to do some sorting while I'm there.
  14. get the bathroom fixed - ceiling, drains, and tub faucet - I called maintenance about the ceiling and they said that there's still a leak from upstairs and that they would send a letter. I'm a bit annoyed because it's coming off all passive-aggressive but I was really just hoping that they would say it was something that they had to fix. I haven't heard from the lady upstairs so I'm not sure what's going on.
  15. organize recipes - still requires further organization
  16. organize all of mom's pictures from the 80s and 90s - I've gotten through 1987 - I'm planning to post about this too.

No comments:

Post a Comment