Sunday, February 7, 2010

nyc - flat iron & bobby flay

Our last day in the city we considered going to MoMA because there were several exhibitions that sounded rather interesting but... we had to get back to NJ for my nephews' swim meet and it's $20 to get in. We decided that we didn't have the time to do it justice and went after a cache or 2 in the vicinity of the Flatiron Building which happens to be my favorite building in the city.




But the real story here is how we saw Bobby Flay on the street! Will was walking ahead of me toward his last cache and saw him first (obviously) so he turned around to make sure I saw him.

When I caught up with him, I said "that guy really looked like Bobby Flay."

Will's response, "because it was Bobby Flay."

I'm still sad that I didn't believe myself and we didn't get to actually talk to him or take pictures with him. He was carrying a suit bag and, after Will did some research, we're pretty sure he was on his way to the Food Network studios which are in the Flatiron area.

this is where we found the last cache after passing Mr. Flay

After that we caught the train back to NJ and off to the swim meet. We debated taking the camera in with us but decided against it. That was probably a good idea since we were decidedly in the splash zone.

We stayed in the Affinia Manhattan for $75/night via Priceline. It was a nice hotel but if you take a look at the picture we took of the floor map - we had the smallest room on the floor (bed, bathroom and about 2ft around the bed) completely surrounded by elevators. The location couldn't have been better though. We literally walked out the door and across the avenue to get to both Penn Station and Madison Square Garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment