Monday, February 8, 2010

my birthday

First off, it's still a bit hard to believe that I've been around for 3 decades. I do feel a bit old and slightly underaccomplished. oh well.

We keep my birthday pretty low key as well - partially because of the snow I got for my birthday complements of Mother Nature. Just breakfast out, some time at the mall with an uncomplaining husband, lounge time at home and dinner at Old Ebbitt Grill. It was an adventure getting there - everyone seemed rather opposed to plowing so getting into DC was interesting and the $8 valet parking was necessary. Dinner was great (after they moved us away from the freezing cold window) but dessert was fantastic!


Liz helped make a weekend out of it by giving me a ticket to the Trace Adkins and Martina McBride concert on Sunday. It might have been a school night but it was a great show with great company!




No comments:

Post a Comment