Saturday, November 21, 2009

denver: extra pics

Here are just some random pics from the car as we drove around Denver.


Capital Building and a museum (we think)

Downtown from afar and driving through

Colorado Convention Center art

That's the biggest REI I have ever seen so I took a picture

Rockies! with snow

Invesco Field at Mile High Stadium where the Broncos play.

Here are shots of the creepy and controversial murals at Denver International Airport. There are quite a few conspiracy theories about DIA and at least one set of murals seems to have been removed.





I actually found out about all the conspiracy theories surrounding the airport in researching a paper for my Government Accounting class trying to discover how much the airport had cost to build.

Conspiracy Article
(if you click through to parts 3 and 4, those seem to be the murals that are now gone or maybe we just didn't look hard enough)

I wish I had gotten a pic of the "demon" horse on Peña Blvd (the road to the airport). Excuse me, it's the Blue Mustang. Here's one from the internet.

Pssst... it killed it's creator. Literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment