Wednesday, November 4, 2009

site meter stats

I'm sure no one noticed that I added a site meter to our blog (it's over there to the right at the bottom). I got curious as to whether anyone was actually reading my blog except for Amy, Liz, my mom, Nikki, and Susan. When Tim B was still writing his blog, he had a counter from sitemeter.com that would also tell you where folks were that were reading your blog. Because I'm nosy by nature, I picked that one. After I finally figured out how to add it to the blog page, of course. It turns out that it gives you even more information than just location.

After just a few days, it's interesting. I now know that:
  • most people use facebook to get to the blog
  • at least one person each has gotten here from Amy, Emily, and Susan's blogs
  • Nikki uses Google Reader to read it (ok, I kind of knew that one already)
  • someone in Canada has read it
  • my mother-in-law found it - Hi Sue!
  • a friend from UD reads it - Hi Heather!
  • they think my mom is in Hainesport. Not quite but close enough.
  • Emily added a link to our blog to her blog - Thanks Nohner!
  • there's a lot of just IP addresses and "unknowns"

But the one that I find most intriguing is that someone from Waynesboro, VA (or close to there) reads it often. I think it might be M. H. but I don't know. Wanna satisfy my curiosity and identify yourself, Waynesboro?

No comments:

Post a Comment