Thursday, November 5, 2009

texas bound!

Today we are off to Texas to visit some friends and attend one of Will's friends' wedding. I'm really excited because very often when we go to Texas, we go anywhere but Houston (well, except for F&A's wedding). This trip we're not only going to Houston but we're going to be on the "right" side of town - that being the northwest side where I grew up. Every time we go back, things are wildly different but it's still home.

Going to Texas has some interesting logistical issues. There are friends and family to see. Usually a wedding to attend. The ever important question of whether we can get to College Station. But most importantly, meals to plan. There are just simply things that chefs outside Texas don't get right. Some places that we are likely to work in:
  • Taco Cabana - breakfast tacos
  • Freebirds - burritos (Will's thing, not totally mine - I prefer Chipotle)
  • Layne's - chicken strips (it's an Aggie thing but they're pretty darn tasty)
  • Hickory Hollow - Texas BBQ & chicken fried steak
  • Ninfa's or equivalent Mexican

I'm super excited to see my friend Callie whom I haven't seen since our wedding. Besides getting to see her there's the fact that she's housing us so we get to play with Riley!

But I'm also excited for the wedding of Heidi and Gabby. It's at the Texas Renaissance Fair. I went once in high school for a photography assignment and it was a ton of fun - great picture taking too! More interesting to me though is that I've been to very few weddings that weren't in a Catholic church. So my love of weddings has me intrigued with this one. You can guarantee that there will be a post or 2 about it after.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I hope you guys have a great trip! I cannot imagine how cool that wedding will be! You guys have fun!! Oh - and Josh loves Layne's too - if it has been awhile since you have been to B/CS it has changed soooo much in the last year!

    ReplyDelete