Friday, November 6, 2009

it's official!

On Saturday, I opened the door to find a fantastic surprise left on the doorstep by the postman. A large white envelope from The George Washington University.

It could only contain one thing.

My official diploma for my Master's of Business Administration.

We were on our way out to the store to do some last minute shopping for Halloween so I don't look great but it was a great moment that needed to be documented.

GW only does one commencement a year in the Spring so I could have walked last May but I chose not to in deference to my niece who was graduating from Fordham University on the same day. I'm still undecided as to whether I'll walk this coming Spring. Apparently, Michelle Obama has given the GW students a challenge in which she will give this year's commencement address if they complete 100,000 hours of service. I think I'll definitely go in that case.

No comments:

Post a Comment