Wednesday, November 25, 2009

hairy issues...

I'm fairly low maintenance and anti-hair dying. But last year, I was convinced to dye my hair, complete with highlights for the wedding. I cut my hair off after the wedding in hopes that in a few months to a year, I might be able to cut all the dyed parts off. Turns out that my hair doesn't grow that fast after a certain point. But I haven't gotten it cut or otherwise attended to since last Christmas. So I've decided to do something about it.

A few before pictures:


honeymoon hair

current hair: way too long and unhealthy; note the awesome tonal differences (natural, gray, bleached out highlights - it's amazing)

Seeing as I have no intention of ever going so far as to get a pixie cut (which is what I would have to resort to for all the dyed parts to be gone) but the whole effect is driving me insane, I'm dying it again. I'm hoping for a nice dark brown, closer to my natural color than before and if there's any highlights, they will be auburn and not caramel or blonde.

Off to the salon. Pictures when I get back.

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up - you are way too much like me! I am pretty anti-hair coloring too, but I also got talked into it pre-wedding! I so hope someday to have gray hair, not cover it up.

    The stocking I am making for Andy is a kit by Felt Works...Noah's was a kit by the same company. They are so cute! I will have to get some pictures soon!

    You guys are WAY too productive with your shopping/wrapping. I am envious:)

    ReplyDelete