Thursday, July 1, 2010

blog roll, part 1 - beginning

As I “celebrate” one year of blogging, I feel like explaining (a) how I came to decide to get into blogging and (b) all the blogs listed over there to the right.

[I wrote this up at work on a boring Tuesday morning and after it got to be about 3 pages in Word, I realized that I was going to have to split it up some. So there will be a few posts on this topic over the next few days.]

Let’s see…

The first blog I ever read semi-regularly was “Because I Said So” which I found through a forwarded eBay listing from my sister. She was funny and had all these kids (I’m kind of fascinated with people with lots of kids). I hardly read her anymore because she started doing a lot of promotional posts for kid stuff that I’m not interested in and now she’s getting a divorce so it’s taken a slightly depressing turn. I just don’t like it as much anymore though I do wander over from time to time.

From there I stumbled across Looky, Daddy! The author is a stay-at-home Dad in NJ with 3 little girls. I found him completely hilarious and then amazingly touching as his oldest daughter was diagnosed with epilepsy at 7. Sadly, he decided to stop blogging in August of ’09 but I keep him in my goggle reader and wander over every once and while just to be sure that he hasn’t reappeared.

So they were the blogs that got me started on regular blog reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment