Thursday, July 15, 2010

ginger shrimp and snow peas

We like shrimp.

It is our preferred method for getting fish into our diet.  We should probably branch out and get more actual fish of different types but shrimp is pretty easy and cheap to buy frozen.

For me, I think it has to do with growing up so close to the Gulf of Mexico and I still prefer Gulf shrimp to any other variety.  Among my earliest memories are “Fish” fries at church during Lent.  But there were no fish involved for me – just a big pile of boiled peel-and-eat shrimp.

I made this recipe from Real Simple a couple of months ago.
DSC_0130
It has a nice gingery flavor and the snow peas add a crispness to the dish and I enjoyed it despite all the onions.  We served it over couscous and may have had a salad on the side.

It will definitely make a reappearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment