Saturday, July 24, 2010

redecorating a bit

Once we got everything all settled in the drawers, we put all the “stuff” back on top. 

DSC_0002a

Sadly, my precious little pewter lamp (inherited from my Aunt Rosie – well, she was really my grandmother’s best friend) is absolutely dwarfed by the dresser.

The proportions are just all off.

Funny how one change leads to many others.

I went home a couple of weeks ago and went shopping with my mother – who can figure out space and proportion in her sleep – for a new lamp.  HomeGoods to the rescue.

DSC_0002b 

This is what I ended up with.  I think it works but I’m not sure which is why the tags and the plastic are still on it.  What do you think?

(yes, the shade is crooked.  I dropped the finial as I was packing the car and left it in NJ.)

Next up – something to put on that wall.

1 comment:

  1. It works very well. I have the finial. Now if you want a mirror which I think will work well it should be vertical and placed to the right of lamp and silver with beading.

    ReplyDelete