Wednesday, July 7, 2010

blog roll, part 3 – other people’s blogs

So the blogs that aren’t written by friends… I didn’t really read all that many until recently.

Goggle Reader has made it infinitely easier to keep up with more blogs. I was actually introduced to Goggle Reader in my environmental management class but the first RSS feed I added to it was treehugger and those people are crazy with content. It just wasn’t manageable so it scared me off of Reader for quite a while.

The two blogs that I’ve been reading the longest are Glamour’s Slaves to Fashion and the Grey’s Writer’s Blog. I could not even begin to tell you at this point how I came across STF – I really don’t know. There’s a lot of content (they probably post about 10 times a day) but it’s fashion fluff so I skim and move on quickly. But I have tried a few things that they suggest. I forget how I came across the Grey’s Writer’s Blog too but I like Grey’s and I find it to be an interesting insight into the episodes.

I think STF introduced me to Mrs-O. The girl behind Mrs-O works for a company that allows for employee directed side projects that are funded by the company and this blog (and a book) following the First Lady’s fashion is her project. I like the FL as a person and this girl is pretty lucky.

How I found Blonde Photographer is actually funny… Liz knows her sister from the BL and sent me the link to BP to show me her wedding pictures. BP is an amazing photographer so I just kept up with her blog. I would love to have her do what she calls a lifestyle shoot for us.

I’ve been reading Piled Higher and Deeper since I was in college but only recently added it to the blog roll. Mostly because it just didn’t occur to me to add it to Goggle Reader. It’s a comic strip about engineers in grad school and I LOVE it. Even though I was never an engineering grad student, I still found it applicable to my experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment