Sunday, July 11, 2010

blog roll, part 4 – finale

I found Good Things Catered through Emily and have really enjoyed. I’ve made a few of her recipes already – lemon chicken and pink champagne cake – and have been very pleased. She’s been a bit MIA lately though.

I found A Cup of Jo through STF actually. Jo is Joanna Goddard one of the STF writers but A Cup of Jo is her own personal blog. She writes about interesting design related type stuff. Just quick things that are interesting. I’ve actually started to notice that she’s included in the blog rolls of a bunch of other sites that I’ve come across.

Ok… I’ve already professed my love for The Pioneer Woman on here. And I’ve already heard from someone about losing many hours with Ree as a result of me professing my love. I’d heard of her before but I can’t remember where so it was really Emily again to turn me on to this one. The Confessions section is hilarious and interesting. The Home & Garden section appeals to the daughter of an interior decorator in me. I haven’t read all of Pioneer Woman Cooks but I did recently make one of her recipes and it was scrumptious. But it’s the Photography section that is proving most instructive – I’ve been trying to incorporate her tips and instructions as I take my own pictures.

I found Shit My Kids Ruined through A Cup of Jo and it’s just downright funny. All I can think of as I look at the pictures is that Mom would have had plenty to add to the collection if my brothers had grown up in the age of digital photography.

I found out about Linda & Harriet through a Daily Candy post several years ago. But what I didn’t know until recently was that she had a blog. Also another design type blog but she’s also blogging about her life in NYC.

Hot Guys Reading Books was posted to Facebook by a girl I went to high school with and Catalog Living was posted to Facebook by a friend from college. Both are just highly amusing. Though HGRB’s author did inspire my “to read” page based on the BBC’s top 100 books.

Ok… I really am finished now.

No comments:

Post a Comment