Thursday, July 22, 2010

training…

Did I mention that we signed up for the Marine Corps Marathon 10k (6.2 miles for those English distance types out there)? 

I think I did.

We’ve done it before.

MCM 10k 2007 
That’s 2007.  I can tell you that these days those shorts are not that loose and flowy and those sunglasses are on someone in Austria or the Balkans.

We even convinced Kate to join us again – though I do seem to recall that she instigated the first go around.

She suggested this training regimen:
running chart 

I’m scared of it. 

You’re supposed to be able to run that first week of running as pre-training.  Please… I’ve only run 4 miles at one stretch once in my life.  Much less 4 times in one week.

But it is giving us motivation to up the running however.  I’m currently fairly comfortable with about 3 miles at a 10 min mile pace.

The schedule is from Cool Running and found here.  It’s the “beginner” training.  I think I need “pre-beginner.”

If you want to know what a “fartlek” is, go here and scroll about half way down the page.  I didn’t know either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment