Saturday, July 3, 2010

blog roll, part 2 – friends’ blogs

My first friend to blog was Tim. He was a house husband for awhile after he moved to Montenegro with his wife in ’07 so he started to fill his time by blogging their experience. Funny stuff made funnier by having to learn to read “Tim-speak.” But they’re back stateside so no more funny stories :(

Somewhere along the way Will’s friend Jon decided to convert his monthly e-mail “Update” into a blog “The Update Transformed” in hopes that it might keep him on the ball with it. I don’t think he succeeded since he hasn’t posted since November ‘09.

Then my friend Nikki got pregnant and started a blog in ’08 shortly before having Miss Elizabeth to keep family in the loop. Then Susan got pregnant and decided that they would have a blog too seeing as it was the thing to do when you have kids.

That got me thinking that we could start a blog when we finally had kids. But then I got to thinking that we also like to travel and that would make good blog fodder until we did have kids. Then one day I was supposed to be writing a paper and I just gave in and started up this here blog. It has since morphed in a lot of random directions depending on my mood, musings, and whatever’s going on in life.

After I added the sitemeter and its handy referral tracking, I discovered a few more friends with blogs. It turned out that we were on the blog list of a couple of friends’ blogs that I didn’t even know existed – nohner, em!ly, and amy jo. Actually, I knew that Amy had a blog, I just didn’t know what its address was.

Facebook brought to light a few others by friends – Michelle’s hey, love, my cousin Maura, and the DeLunas. Again, I kind of knew that Ruben and Sarah had a blog but I never had the address until she started reading and commenting on our blog after giving into Facebook.

Our friend Adrienne maintains a sometimes blog. She keeps it up when she does summer trips to Qatar so that could be added to the blog roll again soon when she heads back in a few weeks.

Our friend Victor just started up his site, Victor Sent Me, with the design help of Ruben.  You might remember the great restaurant we visited in San Francisco – Victor sent us.

No comments:

Post a Comment